Friday, September 25, 2015

Let's PLAY!!!!

Hi! I'm the other artist who wants to play....  Belinda and I think the key to creativity at this point for us is about exploration and play.  It's time to jump over our own shadows and go ballistic on technique and pushing ourselves out of our comfort zones.  

I am on a binge of playfulness and have set off in about 15 different directions…I plan to produce ugly and any improvement on this will be a win. (I tell myself this and I admit that it helps to keep the mindset away from end result - which sometimes for me seems to create a killing force for exploration).

I have the wax out and am mixing pigments into a wax mix (beeswax and damar crystals). The encaustic results are so intriguing.  I am using paper, charcoal, pastels, oils and have pulled out some old canvases that have under-paintings on them and I have begun to blow wax over the top.  

Ruth Hassall, 2015, Encaustic and Acrylic on Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment